Friday, December 9, 2011

So, pushing a cart full of Christmas toys out of Toy R Us yesterday, and I'm thinking oh time to get back to work not running late at all glad I'm done with shopping for these toys that wasn't that....

And I get to my truck, and I stop. With a cart full of toys. Outside my truck.

My extended cab truck, that has no hiding places whatsoever. My truck that I will be picking up my kid in later that afternoon.

Assuming he still has the power of sight when I pick him up - a likely assumption! - he will notice the pile of toys in the truck if he is at all paying attention. You may be able to slip things by a kid, but a pile of toys? They notice those.

So! I stuff it all in the back of the cab behind the passenger seat, then cover it with my coat. It doesn't quite hide it, but the fold-up rain poncho I have back there covers the rest. Now, there's a big pile of something in the back, covered with coats.

But! When I picked John up in the evening it was black dark. He never even noticed.

Being a parent is all about being sneaky. And fast on your feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment